Medical admission requirements in Romania
Medical school admission requirements in Romania: admission to medical university in Romania is mainly based on application file selection. Only prospective students with competitive application files are selected.
Application file must contain at least the copies of following documents:
- Diploma or certificate and transcript:
- Certified copiesof School leaving certificate/High school diploma/Baccalaureate diploma or National examinations, and transcript/diploma supplement (if applicable) - for undergraduate studies;
- Certified copies of Secondary school transcripts from grades 9 to 12 (or GCSE);
- Certified copies of Higher Education diploma and transcript/diploma supplement (if applicable) - for postgraduate (Master) applicants or PhD;
- Certified copies of academic record translated into Romanian, English, French or Germany, depending on university, plus Analytical Program in case of applicants who request the recognition of partial studies done in other university (transfer student),
- Certified copy of the Birth Certificate plus the original;
- A medical certificate specifying that the candidate does not have any contagious diseases or any other diseases incompatible with the medical profession and so prove the applicant's state health;
- Certified copy of Passport;
- Six passport photos
International recognized Language certificate, except the applicants from the countries where the official language is the language is the language of instruction . Note that this certificate can be obtained from the university after passing successfully a test before the enrolment.
Holders of diplomas issued in Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus must obtain an Apostille from the Authorities of the country that issued the document.
Diplomas issued in countries which are not party to the Haga Convention must be authenticated by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country, and the Embassy of Romania in that country.
Note that the Medical school admission requirements in Romania vary according to university. For a particular medical school, contact the university or our team so we can provide you relevant information.
Medical admission requirements: EEA or Suisse Students
The procedure and conditions of application and admission of students from UE/ EEA or Suisse Confederation into Romanian Medical Universities are the same as those for Romanian Students, including the school fees. They can seat for entrance exam and get Romanian full scholarship if they speak Romanian language.
EU/EEA students can be admitted to medical universities in Bulgaria as self-financing students. The medical university admission of self-financing students is in general by application file selection. Some universities organize also entrance test based on chemistry and biology.
Medical admission requirements: non - EEA or Suisse Students
The non - EEA or Suisse applicants to medical university in Romania are accepted on the basis of file application selection (competitive application).
As the competition to enter a faculty of medicine is very keen, it is important that applicants ensure that they fully meet the entry requirements of each faculty of medicine to which they apply. The applicant’s high school certificate and eventually the type of pre-medical undergraduate degree and institution of study should not deter to apply to any medical school, provided that all academic prerequisites of a given university are met. Not only should applicants plan to meet all academic prerequisites, it is also important to respect all deadline dates. In general, an application or documentation is ignored when received after deadline dates. The incomplete application files are evaluated and rejected.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school