Preparatory Course - Foundation Course for Medicine abroad
The preparatory year course or Medical study preparatory course aims to prepare medical students for studying in English, Romanian, Bulgarian or other foreign language and helps them to acquire the study skills and the high level of proficiency in language required for further medical study. Medical preparatory course includes not only the language study, but also Introduction to Medical Terminology, biology, anatomy, chemistry and physics. The successful completion of medical preparatory Course leads to direct admission to university or medical graduate studies.
Why Medical Study Preparatory Course?
- Medical students with an international recognised certificate of the required language;
- Medical students with a good commend of required language and can prove that he has done high school in the same language;
- Medical students with a good commend of required language, which is officially language of his country;
- Medical students with a good commend of required language and can prove that he has used it at least 4 years at school;
Who need Medical study Preparatory Course?
- Citizens of the EU, EEA or Switzerland, who would like to benefit of financial assistant from Romanian Government, must learn Romanian language because most of entrance exams are done in national language;
- International medical students without a good command of English;
- International medical students with a good command of English but who wont to have a solid base to start medical study by reviewing the fundamental subject for medical study (biology, anatomy, chemistry and physics) before they start medical university study;
- International students who would like to study in Romanian language in Romania/Bulgaria;
- International medical students who would like to undergo postgraduate specialisation in medicine. All postgraduate specialisation are conducted in national language.
- Students who would like to follow a medical study program which is not available in international language
Main Goals of Medical Preparatory Course are to:
- Upgrade knowledge of the teaching language (English, Bulgarian or Romania language);
- Improve knowledge of the subject required for medical study;
- Smoothen transition for the second school to the higher school;
- Minimize adaptation problems for newcomers;
Note that if we can get sufficient number of prospective students on time, we can organise a short program of preparatory programs. The programs give foreign students the best chance to succeed once further medical study. Important to know that a preparatory year is not compulsory and during this year, students are not always considered matriculated students.
At the end of this course, the students are awarded language certificate allowing him to undertake automatically (without any additional exam) university studies in the same language.
Tuition fees of preparatory course are depended on the university (and the length, knowledge level of candidates).
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school