Medical Residency Program in Romania
Medical Residency Program is a stage of graduate medical training program. A resident physician or resident (also called a house officer / senior house officer ( is a person who has received a medical degree (DO, MD, MBBS, mbchb, bmed), Pediatric degree (DPM, bpod), Dental Degree (BDS, DDS, bdent, DMD, bchd, bdsc) and who practices medicine under the supervision of fully licensed physicians, usually in a hospital or clinic. Residencies are also available, and may be required for, students graduating from pharmacy and optometry schools.
To start residency program in Romania, all medical student must speak Romanian language. Those who do not have good commend of Romanian can first follow at least 6 month Romanian language course.
Getting into Medical Residency in Romania
Depending on the origin of medical specialist (from European Economic Area and Switzerland – EEA or not), the procedures and requirements to get into Medical Residency Program in Romania are different.
To get into medical residency program in Romania, EEA students (included Romanians) must seat for entrance examination. This exam is exclusively organized in Romanian language.
The exam takes place in November every year.
Medical students who pass successfully the entrance exam do not pay any tuition fee but the get a monthly salary.
A non EEU medical students wishing to get into medical specialization in Romania must fulfill the following condition:
- Have followed at least 6 year medical program (or 5 years if applicable) leading to degree of Doctor of Medicine (Dentistry, Pharmacy, etc.);
- If they do not speak Romanian language, to be read to follow at least 6 months Romanian language course, prior to medical specialization program;
- To have financial means to finance their specialization program: annually tuition fee of 3800 to 7700 Euros depending on speculation and each medical school;
Application documents for Medical specialsation in Romania:
- Authenticated of diploma and transcripts of record of previous education (copy of university diploma and transcripts, plus copy of high school diploma or equivalent);
- Authenticated copy of birth certificate;
- Authenticated copy of passport;
- Medical certificate specifying that the candidate is immunized for B Hepatitis, does not have any contagious diseases, mental or any other diseases incompatible with the medical studies and profession, and so prove the applicant's state health;
- Six recent photos;
- Detailed CV;
The authentication of copies must be done by the Ministry of external affairs of the applicant country and then by the Romanian embassy in the respective or by Apostille of Hague (for those countries which have signed the Hague Convention).
All the above mentioned documents must be in English, French or Romanian. Otherwise, they must be translated into one of those languages and notarized. In that case, each translated authenticated copy must be sent along with the authenticated copy of the related original document.
Medical Doctorate Programs in Romania
Medical Doctorate or PhD Academic studies represent a form of academic education offered to graduates with Bachelor diploma of medicine (Doctor of Medicine) who wish to obtain supplementary abilities in the field of scientific research.
Doctor ship will facilitate the student’s knowledge and application of research methodology and techniques, the familiarization with the exercise of communication or publishing at the highest level of research results, the assumption of the responsibility to develop a research program, as well as the ability to approach the achievements of other researchers from a critical perspective.
For the graduates of 5-6 years long license diploma academic studies (Bachelor diploma of medicine), it is not necessary to take master courses in order to sign up for doctorate study in Romania. Master courses are, however, a necessary condition precursory of doctorate study, for the graduates of 3-4 years long license diploma higher education.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school