Study Medicine in Belarus
Study medicine in Belarus in English is among the cheapest and best option to become a Doctors for many foreign students medical study abroad. Education and public Heath being one of the main priorities of the national policy of the Republic of Belarus, medical universities in Belarus follow European standard and the medical qualification are worldwide recognised.
Medical training in Belarus is based on the up-to-date education technologies of higher and medical secondary education in combination with high-tech methods of practical medicine that enables health professionals to be competitive and flexible in international market.
Studying medicine in Belarus is to study medicine in a country with well-structured National Health system and Quality improvement of highly skilled medical training institutions (medical colleges and universities) is based on updating structure and content of medical and pharmaceutical education, as well as curricula, on their upgrading and adaptation to high-tech.
Medical studies in Belarus is organised by state and begin from high schools and continue to universities. This probably is one of the reason public health care system in Belarus remains, at 93%, regulated by the State.
Study medicine in Belarus: State Medical Colleges
State Medical colleges in Belarus: 14 Medical colleges in Belarus offer 3 –year specialties (2 years and 10 months) as general secondary education, in following fields:
- general medicine;
- medical diagnostics;
- medical prophylaxis;
- medical rehabilitation;
- medical massage;
- prosthetic dentistry;
Study medicine in Belarus: Universities of Medicine in Belarus
Higher Medical study in Belarus is run by 4 State Medical Universities. Even if the main language of education in Belarus remains Russia, some undergraduate medical programs are available in English.
Medical study program in Belarus are 6-years designed:
- first three years students study fundamental sciences such as anatomy, histology, biology, chemistry, physics, Latin and other foreign languages, philosophy;
- 4-6-year students are conducted at hospitals and polyclinics: internal and surgical diseases, obstetrics and gynecology, infectious diseases, oncology, neurology, pediatrics and many other subjects;
- summer practical training: nursing – after the 3rd course, outpatient practice – after the 4th course, and inpatient practice – after the 5th course;
Universities of Medicine in Belarus:
- Belarusian State Medical University;
- Vitebsk State Medical University;
- Grodno State Medical University;
- Gomel State Medical University;
Belarus medical universities are organised in Faculties and international students are trained under faculties for foreign students which are available at all medical universities.
To study medicine in Belarus, international student can study in English or Russian. Foreign citizens without the necessary command of the Russian language or those who intend to be better prepared for the entrance examinations can study at first at the Preparatory Departments of the Faculties for Foreign Students. The program includes basic subjects to enter the University (Russian, biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics). This preparatory course gives direct access to university studies in the chosen field.
Belarus Medical University Program leads to a diploma of a physician and a degree of a Doctor of Medicine. Then graduates undergo a one-year qualification apprenticeship: they work as doctors-probationers under the supervision of the skilled doctors.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school