STUDY MEDICINE IN BULGARIA
Study medicine in Bulgaria (general Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Midwifery etc.) today is to study medicine in a country with a longstanding tradition in the medical field and which producing top quality graduates. Medical students can choose to study in English, or Bulgarian, depending on the medical university offers.
Foreign citizens, coming from countries, that are not members of the European Union / European Economic Area (EU/EEA), are only enrolled for training in Bulgaria as self-paid students.
Prospective medical students from European Union / European Economic Area (EU/EEA) are able to travel to Bulgaria and to study medicine free of charge (by Romanian government scholarship). These suppose that they speak Romanian language or that they first undergo one year preparatory course of Romanian and pass medical study entrance exam as Bulgarian students. However, most of them choose to finance their studies independently because of the cheaper tuition fees and living cost in Bulgaria compared to almost all other EU/EEA countries.
Study Medicine in Bulgaria has become one of the major subjects in Europe and beyond. Today Bulgarian doctors are well appreciated in occidental countries and all over the world and Bulgarian medical schools attract thousands of medical students from all over the world every year. Most of international students attracted by English medical programs (General Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, etc.) are from UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Greece and South Africa, Nigeria, India.
Medical study tuition fees in Bulgaria
- General Medicine: 6 year programme, 5500 - 8000/ year (depending on University);
- Pharmacy: 5 year programme 6000- 8000 €/ year;
- Dentistry: 6 year programme, 8000 € / year;
- Nursing: 4 year programme, 3000 €/ year;
- Midwifery: 4 year programme, 3000 €/ year;
- Veterinary Medicine: 6 year programme, 4500 €/ year;
Tuition fees for medical study in Bulgaria may be paid in two settlements each year, at beginning of each semester. Tuition fees in Bulgaria are amongst the lowest in Europe and, combined with cheap living costs, make Bulgaria an excellent place to study medicine.
Why studying medicine in Bulgaria?
Medical university programs available both in English and in Bulgaria language,
Accredited and reputable Bulgarian Medical Universities (Medical Schools),
Available preparatory course for medical study in English or in Bulgarian language,
Admission without entrance examination (exceptions may apply depending on programme and university),
Medical university student transfer accepted,
Admission twice per academic year in October or February,
Tuition fees from £5,000 / €8,000 annually,
Low cost of living, approximately £2,200 / €3,000 a year,
Cheap private or student hostel accommodations,
Financial aid (Student Loans) from local affiliated financial institutions,
Internationally accredited institutions (medical schools),
Fully valid Degree in Europe and recognized around the globe,
Bulgaria is an EEA country so if you qualify from Bulgaria then there is no need to take any exam such as PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board).
Note that all postgraduates medical studies in Bulgaria are organized only in Bulgarian language and the only offers in English are 6 year (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing) and 5 year (pharmacy) programs of medicine in Bulgaria. Along with long medical programs, they are also a lot of short medical program studies of 3 to 4 years duration, most of them conducted in Bulgarian language.
Study Medicine in Bulgaria has become one of the major subjects in Europe and beyond. Today Bulgarian doctors are well appreciated in occidental countries and all over the world and Bulgarian medical schools attract thousands of medical school students every year.
Medical study in Bulgaria in English or in Bulgarian is studying medicine at accredited and reputable Medical Universities (Medical Schools) in Europe and give access to huge career opportunities.
Where to study medicine in Bulgaria?
Bulgaria have u medical universities and 2 universities with medical faculties, all offering medical programs in English and Bulgarian and postgraduate studies in Bulgarian language.
- Medical university of Sofia: no entrance examination except a basic English entry test, Tuition fees: €8000 per annum, Entry in October.
- Medical university of Varna: Basic biology and chemistry entrance examination,Tuition fees: € 8,000 per annum, Entry in October.
- Medical university Plovdiv: no entrance examination,Tuition fees: €8,000 per annum, Entry in October.
- Medical university of Pleven: no entrance examination,Tuition fees:€8,000 per annum, Entry in February.
- Trakia University Stara Zagora, faculty of Medicine and veterinary Medicine: entrance examination in Biology an Chemisntry, Tuition fees:€7,000 per annum, Entry in October.
- Sofia University, faculty of Medicine: entrance examination in Biology an Chemisntry, Tuition fees: €5,000 per annum
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school